I found this a much easier reading than the piece from Muhammad. Where in the previous reading it seemed like the theme was, one God, this reading seemed to focus alot more on the love a praise of that God. It also makes a very strong case that those that love God will lead much happier lives. "Their bliss is eternal and their joy is made perfect. " Here we are duscusing love rather than surrender, and for me personally I think it's a better message.
One concept I didn't like from this reading was were it talks about seeing the face of God. "'By my glory, I will show him my face'" I feel they are taking this passage a little to literally. The way I invtion it is once a man devoted himself to the love of God he is granted a vision of this Zeus like being up in the clouds. I never like the idea of a diety that sits in the cloads with a Greek body looking down on all his creation. I just seemed trite to me.
All and all I liked this passage. I think it had a lot of good notions. The idea that if you love God life will seem easier I'm sure is true. I think it's the same concept that the eastern religions communicate in their paths to enlightement. That is that if you eliminate yourself, ego, you will find life far easier to live.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment